Yesterday was my first day back at school after a too-short break. I swear, those two weeks are a taste of honey. My first class was Pathology2, with a teacher I really enjoy, Dr. L. He's always been real kind to me. The school effed up my Thursday schedule—not much new there—and I had to go get it straightened out before class. At registrar I saw the dean, Dr. H, and he shoulder-checked me and said, "Hey girl, how's it going?" He's a super nice guy.
The class promises to be interesting, and of course I will have every single disease that we study.
Then I came home, ate, got ready for Kung Fu and headed off to train. Mondays are long. But not as long as Thursdays are going to be. I'm actually pretty damn nervous about Thursday, tbh, first day in clinic and all. What if I do something wrong? What if I accidentally kill someone? OMG, what will I do? Everyone says that it's really easy after the first day. I'm not so sure. Tests are easy. Actually doing things – not so much.
Tuesdays are my days off, and today was a fine one. Bright and hot, with flowers blooming like a beeotch. I went grocery shopping, and I was wearing my Resident Evil 4 shirt, the one I made. The girl behind the counter got all "SQUEEE I LOVE RESIDENT EVIL!" I was like "OMG ME TOO WHICH ONE?" "ALL OF THEM!" "OMG ME TOO!" And she goes, "I LOVE KILLING ZOMBIES!" The girl who was bagging groceries at her counter was just like, "Uhh, wow, okay." Anyway it was pretty funny.
Then I went out shopping for shoes for clinic, which, I found some pretty cheap ones that are comfy, and for running shoes, which I did not find because every last shoe was made out of leather. Wth? I could really use some good running shoes because I'm jogging more and more. We're not talking 10k or anything, but at least it's more than I could do even last month. And oddly, I quite like it.
After shopping I took the dogs, out, watered some plants, and the new cherry tree. Oh, I forgot to mention about that. The nice lady I used to work with, Competition Lady, was getting rid of one of her cherry trees. Her husband was going to throw it away and I was like, noooooo!
So they dug it up and gave it to me. It looks a little droopy out there. Hope it lives.
Oh! I remember. So that little sketchy sketch that I did a while back? I decided to add some background and further destroy it by coloring it.( It's kinda big LOL THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID )
If you think I drew: the street, the flowers, the shattered tree trunk, or the sign on the wall, YOU ARE MISTAKEN. The sign was off Google image search and I just pasted it there yay, and the others are from a handy-dandy little tool called "image hose," LMAO I said "tool" and then I said "image hose" in the same sentence. Go me!
Now, I'm "working" with this cool video editing program and I think I'm doing all right with it. ("Working" is in quotes because making fun home movies is not SRS BZNS or anything.) Trying to make some snazzy Kung Fu videos. Haven't mastered the program yet. But it's fun to work with, not as frustrating as Vegas was, and, unlike iMovie, actually does stuff
, if you can imagine.
Yare yare. I just went for a walk with Mom and we took both Ninja Wizards. Then I did my pushups (or tried
to do ten good ones,) and my situps (simple as pie – not difficult to know my physical strengths and weaknesses,) and now it's time for a shizzower.
Wait a tic, I wrote this out the other day:
A fun regional dialect meme gacked (as always) from skitty_kitty
Where you grew up: Eastern Long Island
What do you call...
1. A body of water, smaller than a river, contained within relatively narrow banks:
2. What the thing you push around the grocery store is called:
3. A metal container to carry a meal in:
4. The thing that you cook bacon and eggs in:
5. The piece of furniture that seats three people:
6. The device on the outside of the house that carries rain off the roof:
7. The covered area outside a house where people sit in the evening:
8. Carbonated, sweetened, non-alcoholic beverages:
9. A flat, round breakfast food served with syrup:
10. A long sandwich designed to be a whole meal in itself:
11. The piece of clothing worn by men at the beach:
12. Shoes worn for sports:
13. Putting a room in order:
14. A flying insect that glows in the dark:
15. The little insect that curls up into a ball:
16. The children's playground equipment where one kid sits on one side and goes up while the other sits on the other side and goes down:
17. How do you eat your pizza:
18. What's it called when private citizens put up signs and sell their used stuff:
19. What's the evening meal?:
20. The thing under a house where the furnace and perhaps a rec room are:
21. What do you call the thing that you can get water out of to drink in public places:
22. the piece of furniture with drawers that you put clothes in:( My answers )